Thursday 13 June 2013

COCK-A-DOODLE-DO

WAKE UP! WAKE UP!

"No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn"
(Jim Morrison)

Yes I am writing this in the wee hours of the morning at the tail end of the last week of my holidays. Next week I go back to early mornings and studying graphic design full time. The drawing challenge I chose today comes from my friend Daniel who asked I draw a cock. So here is your rooster Daniel. I am sure this is EXACTLY what you had in mind! 

I have been thinking about the rooster as a symbol and what it might mean. I researched a little and found a lot of references to religious ceremonies and cock fighting. Yeah. No so cool with me (I don't think I mentioned that I am a vegetarian and I love love love animals?)

So I went back to a different source of information (just as relevant as the wikepedia - actually yarn darn it - probabaly MORE relevant than old wiki - my own ideas.) To me the rooster reminds me to keep aware to keep awake and to be alert. I've always believed the world needs more lerts.

Tonight I spent the night getting some great tips and advice from my dear friend and sista in all things lovely and imaginative - Bekky (do yourself a little favour and check out her hilarious and beautiful blog: Saint Damascus) She said "Lou, you have a great attitude and you seem ready and willing to just learn and ask questions - even the ones that others wouldn't DARE ask!" And then she gave me some hot hot tips on sharing and creating work (yay for the digital age where we can actually DO this!) These words meant the world to me. A little encouragement from the right people really resonates. Yes. I am ready and willing to learn. And wanting to dive into the depths of creativity and see where this journey will take me. The rooster reminds me to keep being aware. It's a constant cockadoodledoo of "Keep seeking keep learning Lou!!"(and keep drawing.....)






No comments:

Post a Comment